Hier meine Rede zum nachlesen....:
Dear Marie, Dear Sebi, family, and friends
It is an honor for me to speak at this very special wedding not only as Sebis best man but also a close witness to a miraculous stories,.
I will not recount the story of the princess who met a prince online and left here kingdom to venture across the ocean to build a new kingdom.
I believe all of us have told the story many times always waiting to see the surprised look on peoples faces, at least I did.
It is a modern Fairy-Tale a story of Bravery, Trust, Sacrifice, Loss and Love.
Brave, I mean how brave you have to be, to come to a foreign country across the ocean to live with the man you met online and saw two times, still amazes me.
Trust in Sebastian, and Sebastians trust in you that you both are doing the right thing, after this amount of time. Amazing again
But also Sacrifice, leaving your old home, friends and family behind is a sacrifice.... but thats what love is all about..
But sacrifice not only for you but also for your friends and your family to let you go, not just to the next town, but to strange speaking foreigners far away..
I'm looking forward hearing their side of the story...
Marie I think we have talked an chatted more when you where still overseas, which is sad but I'll work on that. But I have to tell you how glad I'm that you are here and that you became a part of our little circle, and how happy you made Sebastian. That is most important. And I hope that you are happy in our warm winter and enjoy the strange food and funny drinks and feel at home with us, because thats very important to.
As I'am Sebastians best man I have the pleasure to talk about him and me for a little bit .
I have known Sebastian for a long time, but it took us a also a long time to get close. I really dont know the point when it happened, but I think one important point was drinking a whole lot of stale beer (Thanks Ralf) in Denmark. But I'm not sure....
We travelled together to warm places.... very warm.... I have pictures in the vault how we got toasted in the Phillipines and Egypt... a fish on dry land,But we had a good time .
But we had and that was very memorable for me a great week of skiing together after a very stressfull time for me, I never forget how Sebi picked me up 5 O'clock in the morning to drive to Switzerland and I felt so well taken care of that I slept almost the whole trip. Sebastian is a caretaker by heart, he looks after you, and makes sure you are well first of all. What a great quality in a friend.
The last ,at least, eight years we have been really close, not only as friends, but also as sharing almost every day without even being in the same city. Sounds strange, well maybe it was, but not for me. Sebi was my anchor to the real world, he kept my head straight when my thoughts, and doings went to strange places, which they sometimes did. But he also was partner in crime doing fun stuff online or just watching a movie, or a tv series while talking on the phone.We where roommates, without a room. And I admitt it I miss that!!
But I know live is like that, and thats ok.
I also know that Sebastian changed after meeting Marie.
He changed to a very happy man, and who am I to denie him that.
So what more can I say, I am happy, very happy that we are gatherd here to celebrate not a wedding but love between two people so strong it crossed continents....
I know you are doing the right thing and I wish you a long and happy marriage, many children, a good live.
So would everyone please raise their glasses for a toast to Marie and Sebastian.
Franz
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen